Regulations, and Information:
1. Parent or guardian of participants must fill out a participation form/waiver and a USAT waiver at packet pick-up. No athlete will be allowed to participate unless both forms are filled out completely.
2. All participants must be a USAT member and present their membership card at the time of race packet pick-up, no exceptions. You my pay for USAT membership when you sign up online
3. Parents and athletes should arrive early enough to have their body markings done and allow time to set up their transition area. Transition area opens at 6:30 am.
4. After the transition area closes at 7:45 am, no parents will be allowed in the transition area. When ALL athletes have completed their race the announcer will indicate that it is safe to remove equipment.
5. At no time should a parent or athlete move or relocate another athletes items from the transition area. If space is a concern, please contact a volunteer in the transition area.
6. Many bicycles and goggles look alike, please label all equipment and feel free to have a towel to designate your initial transition area.
7. There will be 2 lemonade stands (Water stations) set up on the course for the athletes.
8. Each age group will have a limit on the number of participants for safety reasons.
9. Swim: Any stroke is allowed during the swimming portion of the race, there will not be disqualifications for style, stopping or touching the bottom of the lake. Goggles and swim caps are the only equipment that may be used in the water. The 5-6 year old division will be allowed to use life-jackets if their parents choose.
10. Cycling: Helmets are required and must be buckled prior to leaving the transition area and mounting bicycle. Shoes must also be worn during this portion of the race.
11. Bicycles handle bars must have the ends capped off.
12. As common courtesy when passing another rider, always pass on the left, announcing "on your left".
13. Running: All athletes must wear shoes, no flip flops or crocs will be allowed. Shoes must be worn for the entire cycling and running portion of the race.
14. No headphones are allowed on any portion of the course.
15. Race numbers must be visible on the front of the athlete during the cycle and run portion of the race. The number can be pinned to the swim suit. If the athlete will be putting a shirt on after the swim portion they should pin the number to the shirt they plan to race in. The athlete will also be body marked.
16. The RACE DIRECTORS will determine if the course is unsafe due to bad weather; If the inclement weather is deemed unsafe, refer to the bad weather plan.
17. Parents cannot assist during any portion of the event. Trained volunteers and emergency personnel will be stationed throughout the course to offer assistance if needed.
18. Volunteers are the only individuals allowed in the transition area or on the course, please obey the course parameters and obey volunteer directions.
19. Every athlete must complete the course in its entirety and in the correct order to be eligible for a completion award. There is signage and volunteers through the course; however, the responsibility ultimately is with the parent and athlete.
20. Trophies will be presented at the awards ceremony to the top three male and female finishers in each age group.
21. If poor sportsmanship is displayed by "cutting off", "running into", or intentionally injuring another athlete a 2 minute penalty may be given or the participant may be disqualified.
22. ALL DECISIONS OF THE RACE DIRECTORS ARE FINAL!