500 Yard Swim * 10.2 Mile Bike * 2.9 Mile Run
Bad Weather Plan...
In the event of bad weather, we will do everything possible to hold the Gearhead Sprint Triathlon at the scheduled posted times. However, the safety of all competitors, volunteers and spectators will be our number one priority as all decisions are made. The Race Director will meet and discuss all options with his team. An announcement will be made at the earliest possible time.
These options will be considered in this order:
Option # 1 - Delay the start until the bad weather has cleared the area! (No Thunder or Lightening for a minimum of 30 minutes.)
Option # 2 - Cancel the swim portion and have a run
bike run (Duathlon) Event!
In the event of option #2, the duathlon will be:
1,5 mile run, 10.2 mile bike, 2.9 mile run
Option # 3 - Event Canceled.
If we must cancel the event, we will hand out packets (T-Shirts, Goody bags etc.)!
Refunds will NOT be given!
Decisions of the Race Director will be final!